Who are you?
Do you feel stuck in any area of your life and you can’t find a way to overcome it? Do you sometimes feel with a lack of purpose, that you don’t know what you truly want, that you can’t have what you want, or that people around you don’t understand you or frustrate you?
Or maybe you are overwhelmed, stressed, or anxious with a lack of motivation, excitement, or inspiration to do your work, to be in a partnership, to be in a family, or to just be? Sometimes we don’t even recognize our own emotions behind that. We don’t even try paying attention to them.
Do you know who are you? Have you ever thought about that? Not what you do, or what are your roles at work or in a family. Not “an engineer, a mother, a wife” but who is the core of you, your soul?
Your inner self needs to be healed after many years, sometimes a lifetime of neglect. It screams to be seen, validated, recognized, and accepted but you’re ignoring it and closing it in some dark cell. Don’t you think that one of “new year resolutions” this time should be taking the responsibility for your life, understanding your values and needs, setting up goals to connect with your soul and inner wisdom rather than focusing on external events, performance or awards?
Do you know how to start discovering and reconnecting with your own self?
These are some of the questions that I was answering when I started my own journey and I’m sharing some of them here:
- What is the most important thing in your life?
- What are your values? Find the list of values online and take the time to choose 10 that resonate the most with you. Then choose three out of these ten which you believe in the most.
- Do a self-reflection, do you live up to these values right now? How?
- If you could change one thing in your situation, what would it be?
- What do you love?
- How can you ensure you do things that you love more often?
- What do you want more in your life?
- What do you want less in your life?
- What are the three things that would make the biggest difference in your life?
- How will you ensure that these changes happen?
- What job do you want to do? How much money do you want to earn? How does the culture, people, environment look like? How much of a free time do you have? How do you dress for that work? Describe it to details.
- How do you want to feel while doing that job? What is the main motivation for this job?
- How do you want your partner to be/behave?
- What kind of relationship, marriage, family, friendship to look like? Explain it to details.
- How do you want to feel in these relationships?
- How do you want your house to look like? Your free time? Your hobbiess? Your regular day?
Keep writing. Keep discovering and once you define it, don’t set for less of it. Go and pursue your dreams because when you know what do you want, you will find a way how to do it.
Commit to discovering your own self. You are the only person that can make you happy and the only person that will always be with you. Make this relationship with yourself enjoyable and comfortable.
If you feel like it, let me know if this article was useful to you and if you had any points to share in the comments. That can help the visibility of my writing and my experiences, and feel free to subscribe to my mailing list so you are informed every time I write a new article.
Thank you for being here.